Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The *%$#subishi

So, if you know me well, you know I am driving the heck out of the ghettowagon, aka the *%$#subishi. I am proving my patience to be able to hold out for a really sweet ride that doesn't require you to pay for it until you are balding (thanks to Dave Ramsey and Financial Peace University). And you may know that Richard and I have become good buddies (the dealership service guy) over the last few months, as my electrical system in my car is possessed, therefore Jim Norton and his buddies have made a a few pretty pennies from my family.

So, get this.... I made some good money today doing my yearly Kindergarten readiness testing, so life was going well when I woke up this morning! So, I am driving home on the highway and as I am talking to my bank's branch manager about the ATM dispute we filed in January (long story, maybe I will tell you later if things get resolved, right now I am still bitter) and the subsequent overdraft charges that issue produced when I hear "SCRAPEEEEEEEEEEE"! Something metal is dragging across the expressway. I promptly get off of the phone with Ms. Martinez and hope that this incident helps my pathetic plea for refunds of some of these ludicrous and wrongful charges her fine establishment had charged us:)

I pulled off onto the shoulder and get out to see the rim of my tire being the metal I was scraping, oh no. Part of the front end of my car fell off. Seriously you ask? Seriously. I now know it was a "splash guard" to protect the *%$#subishi's underbelly of important parts incase I find it necessary to go offroading. Maybe in highschool folks, but I do have a toddler now, hello, I am so beyond that:) So, I talk to my insurance friend (by the way, we have already spoken this week.... Matt wrecked our other car 2 days ago, God bless him, it was a freak accident), she tells me the number for what she says is the biggest and prettiest ad from the yellow pages for Allied Towing (highly recommend them by the way). My tow truck buddy comes along and guess what? He gets stuck in the mud on the shoulder. Apparently Broken Arrow, OK got a lot of snow the other day when the rest of the world did not. Seriously? Seriously. So, my tow truck buddy now needs a tow truck. For real guys. So, he gets a tow, then I get my tow and we go to see Richard. After I flash my charming smile, he says he can fix it really cheap (b/c Lord knows I cringe to think about putting more money into the *%$#subishi). Turns out my homie Richard did it for free and in record time, apparently all of the 4 bolts holding this very necessary part fell off. All at the same time. Right.

Thank you Jesus for making my first big vacation be tomorrow after this crazy week! Portland, Oregon, look out, I am bringing my bad luck to you!

1 comment:

hub of the house said...

oh babe- what an AWFUL day! Thank goodness you are on your way to Portland for some fun! who are you visiting?