Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Oregon vs. Oklahoma

Okay, so I did make it to Portland, albiet a day late and an hour after originally scheduled on that day late. But hey, I made it there in one piece and not in a straight jacket, so I got that going for me. It was a great time, seeing old friends, making new, enjoying the weather, shopping, etc.

So, here are some cool things about Oregon: Its very green, in both senses of the word. Very into the environment, even their government cars are Toyota Prius Hybrids, very cool. And you wouldn't believe the green grass and trees. My friend Amber just didn't understand why that was so cool to me. Well, here in Oklahoma it gets hotter than hell and everything dies. Then it comes back and it freezes and dies, so yeah, everything turns poop brown. I much prefer the green.

Okay, so there is the ocean and the mountains and guess what? NO SALES TAX! Remind me next time to take an extra suitcase just to haul the loot (of which I paid no sales tax... currently 8.517% here in Oklahoma). When you go out in Portland, jeans and a t-shirt are just fine. That is cool. I felt very over dressed and I would have been a lot more cozy in my usual attire. My favorite thing about Portland and well, other big cities besides Tulsa.... there is an IKEA! Wow.

Just discovered my idea of heaven. This is my heaven, living in an IKEA store, eating a Big City Burrito from my fav burrito dive in Fort Collins, CO and hanging out with my daddy and whoever else has gone before me. I am serious too, there may be a massage room involved, but I guess in heaven you won't be tense or in pain, so then again, a hot tub will do:)

So, now I am back to the grind.........

No comments: